Wednesday, April 23, 2008

will tap dance for money..

So its wednesday night.. and it feels like i have been awake for days.. i dont know why im not sleeping well. So much is going through my little head about everything. work, family,friends, love blah blah...

Since moving out my relationship with my parents has been a little strange. I see them once or twice a week but they call me 10 times a day. In the morning to say hello, mid morning to see if i got to work on time ( am i 10 years old?) at lunch to see how my morning was... you can see the pattern. Dont get me wrong, my folks are the best people ever and i adore them but im trying this whole independent thing and not getting very far.

Anyway what ive been doing. Well on the weekend mum had a conference in Sydney so i thought i would tag along. I havent been to sydney in since i was a little kid so it was the perfect time. Also there is a guy i met at camp 2006 that i havent seen since and id been missing him heaps.

So Sydney...what a place... definately not somewhere i would EVER live but fun just for the weekend. The city is so confusing, almost every street is one way so you're constantly driving in circles. We got cabs everywhere cos..well..mum was paying and cabs are better than buses. I dont know if it was national crazy cab driver weekend but between the italian man telling us about being a bricklayer for hitler and having to wear string for a belt....and a woman telling me my fortune whilst driving ( which included me becoming a famous writer and falling in love with a married man) it sure was an experience. The city is pretty dirty...and the people are really rude but i do love seeing the opera house.. everytime i see it i still get excited. We must have walked and shopped for hours. Also splurged on a jet boat ride around darling harbour. A Definate MUST DO if you're ever in the area. Going 100mph in front of the opera house and doing 360 turns was just hilarious. i couldnt stop laughing which equalled me not being able to breathe which then led to choking on sea water... yes i am a catch fellas.. make a line.. only shattered thing was i lost my FAV sunglasses in the middle of a turn and as we were pulling back up to the harbour my mother laughed in my face and told me i looked like " a wet zebra" as apparently my hair was standing up straight and i had mascara running down my face. once again, yes i am a complete catch.

On saturday night mum and i went out to a fabulous thai dinner ( my new obsession) and saw Billy Elliot the musical. Anything with dancing and singing is going to be brilliant. plus i LOVED the movie so was super excited when mum suprised me with the tickets.

Did some serious shopping, walked past the Alex Perry head quarters and just as i was saying "i could never imagine paying $20,000 just for a dress" ALEX PERRY actually walked behind me... not even kidding...

All in all... Sydney is a good weekend visit but Melbourne is where my heart lives. It is the most fantastic city and i couldnt imagine living anywhere else forever. The people, the city, the river that runs through the middle of it all. i just love it. My favourite thing in LIFE is having friends from other places coms visit. Being able to show them my town and the things i love. OO the best news i have heard in a LONG time is 2 of my best friends in the world Amanda and Sharon have almost 100% committed to coming to Australia in December. Needless to say, if this does happen i will FREAK OUT and start counting down the minutes. I cant wait to spoilt them!

anyway thats whats going on right now. work is okay...nothing exciting happening right now. I have an interview for the team leader position on Tuesday which im starting to prep for. would really love to take a step up in my career...but on the other hand i would LOVE to throw it all away and run to america to play with my besties... thoughts?

No comments: