Friday, June 20, 2008

Big things!!

wow so the past few weeks have been crazy long/boring at work but this year is flying by at a very scary rate....i have been checking the camp website every morning to see photos and can very happily say that im okay with not being there now. I just get this vibe that camp is so different and i think i made the right move by staying in Aus and giving my career a red hot go.

Last night i went to a cocktail party with my dad. Let me explain a little bit more about the character that IS John McGaw. This man is honestly the best salesman/marketer i have ever seen. Last night i watched him walk into the room, and i actually saw peoples faces light up and start to gravitate towards him. He works the room like his life depends on it, shaking peoples hands, remembering the smallest details about them so they feel like he's their best friend. Lately ive been really watching my dad as he is the national sales and marketing developer for the Official Visitors Guide for Melbourne. also known as "the biggest selling melbourne tourism magazine" and obviously this is the path i want to travel down eventually as well. Dad introduced me to so many people last night it was quite a blur, but the man really does have my back in every way possible. Although we're technically working for competition magazines, he was working it for me last night. Introducing me as his daughter but then quickly explaining where i work and what i do and then leaving the conversation for me to finish up by handing them my business card and telling them i'd call tomorrow to set up a meeting. It was SUCH a rush!

Anyway so as i said, work has been boring and ive been looking for my next adventure. Today during our weekly sales meeting, my boss announces that the key account manager suzanne is going to Coffs Harbour ( 2 hour flight out of melbourne) and he thinks i should go with her. YES! FINALLY! face to face client contact! AND Coffs Harbour is a region that i have been managing for 2 years so i have clients that i have been wanting to meet for a long time. I am really pumped to get on the road and talk about the magazine and see what i can do. Only issue im facing now is getting a business suit, drain, and then getting all my thoughts together for my massive week. i also have my performance review on monday where im basically going to ask for a better job role and more money. HA the possibility of this happening is slim to none.. but it doesnt hurt to ask...

AND THEN... after my flight lands back in Melbourne on Wednesday night.. i have to run home.. wash.. pack...go to work on thursday for half a day and that night i'm OFF TO LONDON! wwaaahhhhh! so so so excited about all the adventures that are ahead of me. nervous about being on time and organised but i just have to push myself. Its all about taking myself to the next level now..
long story short.. ( although its ended up being quite long) im excited/nervous/happy/pumped for the next few weeks....
OHHH ANNND my besties from america FINALLY bought their ticket to see me today and i am over the moon. i have got SO much planned for them and i cant wait to spoil them rotten..

Signing out,

Sarah
xxx

No comments: